- 2 lbs diced bite size Snow Goose Meat
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon mashed ginger
- 1 sliced shallot
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon thai red curry
- 1 cup coconut milk
- mix vegtables of snow peas, baby corn, and bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- salt to taste
In a large pan, add oil and turn burner to high. Add your goose meat, garlic, ginger, salt and shallot together and stir til the meat is cooked around. Turn burner to medium and add Curry paste and mixed vegetables. After 2 minutes, add coconut milk and let simmer for 15 minutes. Add your cilantro and green onions at last minute and then squeeze lime wedges to taste. Serve over steamed jasmine rice or brown rice.
– 6 to 8 goose breast filets (4 to 6 lbs)
– 5 tablespoons Morton Tenderquick mix
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
– 1 teaspoon ground paprika
– 1 teaspoon ground bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon ground allspice
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Trim, skin, and clean up breast filets (or beef brisket or boneless cut of deer, elk, etc)
In a small bowl, mix Morton Tender Quick and remaining dry ingredients and spices (DO NOT SubstituteAny “MeatTenderizer” For Morton TenderQuick)
Thoroughly rub mixture into all sides of breast filets.
Place filets into a plastic bag and close securely. Place in refrigerator and allow to cure 5 days per inch of meat thickness (a week seems to work fine for goose breasts) Place filets in pot and add water to cover. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer until tender, about 3 hours
2 lbs. snow goose meat, sliced ½” thick
2 c. orange
6 tsp. green onion, finely chopped
½ c. rice wine 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
4 tsp. brown sugar 1 tsp. cloves
2 tsp. nutmeg Salt to taste
2 tsp. allspice
To make marinade: mix together orange juice, rice wine, brown sugar, green onion, nutmeg, allspice, red pepper, salt and cloves. Divide in half. Use half to marinate the goose meat for 2-4 hours.
Remove meat from marinade. Grill goose on medium-high barbecue until cooked to medium rare.
Cook the other half of the marinade in a saucepan on medium heat until it forms a thick sauce. Serve as a hot dip for the grilled meat
Call NOW before we are booked!
February 15 – March 21
Premium Package 1 – Spring Snow Goose Hunt
– full day hunt (30 mins. before sunrise until 5:00 pm)
– fully guided field hunt
- $175.00 per hunter / per day
. We provide all equipment, blinds, callers, decoys(800 – 1500) Full Body Decoys (GHG, Avery, Bigfoot, ect. ) 10 -75 Silosock Flyers. Also silosocks, shell decoys and floaters if needed. We do everything you just show up and hunt.
Decoy Spreads Available
- 1000 full body decoys, 500 sillosocks, over 30 flyers – cornfield
- 1500 Sillosocks, up 50 flyers – to go spread (go where the snow goose are at)
- 750 shells decoys (Avery 5/8s, full size, and motion shells) 300 – 500 sillo socks
- over 15 location that we can hunt in the Mound City / Squaw Creek NWR area
Package 2 – Fully Guided – Pit Blind Hunt – $250 per hunter / per day.
Top 5 reasons to book your hunt with us this season!
1. All of our hunts take place over Avery & Bigfoot full body goose decoys, 5/8 Avery Snow Goose Shells and Sillo Sock Decoys.
2. We have 10 years of Spring Snow Goose hunting experience and we live here. We know where the geese are and we will do our absolute best to put you on them.
3. We hunt all day and are in the most predominant flyway in the United States.
4. 1000’s of geese killed in the past 10 year.
5. We want you to have the best hunting experience as possible. Your success is our business!
The Missouri Conservation Action Season opens February 1, 2013 We have some openings for the beginning of the season.
Now Offering Limited Hunts from a pit blind. Due to the demand of clients we will offer a few premier hunts from a pit blind. (NO LAYOUTS or GROUND BLINDS), minimum of 3 hunters /maximum of 6 hunters. $200 per hunter / per day
Premier Snow Goose Hunt -$300 per hunter / per day
- Limited to 6 hunters per / day (mininum of 3 hunters)
- Full day guided hunt
- Full body Avery GHG decoys, 5/8s Shells, floaters, silo-socks
- Premium layout ground blinds
- Guranteed shooting
- Lunch Included